Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chasing Dreams

There's a lot to be said for people who have held a strong and steady belief in others and their dreams. I'm so unbelievably blessed to count a large number of people who believe in me and have encouraged me to chase my dreams of working as an on-camera sports reporter. I have the incredible Laura Okmin and incomparable Celeste Gehring who have served as incredible mentors for me. I've been honored to have the support of Jay Adams, managing editor of AtlantaFalcons.com and all around badass, as well as LaMar Campbell, formerly of the Detroit Lions who currently has his own radio show "Life After the Game" and is a CNN contributor. I have incredible friends and family who have told me never to give up - and for all of you I'm so thankful. And then I have those who don't know me, like Amber Lee, who continues to include me in her BleacherReport.com countdowns. I'm honored to be #5 on her list of top 20 women who deserve a job in sports. Maybe...just maybe...I'll have some news to share soon....

Check out the Bleacher Report Countdown here.


Til next time...
S.

2 comments:

  1. Blessed to know a very knowledgable woman such as yourself...a true credit to sports reporting. You are, as Tina Turner said it best, are "simply the best".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete