Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tact Is A Good Thing...

Tom Pennington/Getty Images
I can't help but shake my head. In an appearance on the "Cooley Zone" on the LaVar Arrington Show With Chad Dukes, Washington Redskins TE Chris Cooley had some choice words to talk about Dallas Cowboys' QB Tony Romo. I know, I get it...the 'Skins and Cowboys are big time rivals, but is this really necessary? Cooley said the week before he wanted to "fight Tony Romo" and this week he touched on how Romo choked the game away against the Lions. Cooley said, "It's amazing to watch him choke like that...I'm just saying, if I'm up 24 points in the third quarter, if I'm the head coach, I feel like I could probably just take a knee for the rest of the game, put it away and there's no way that Detroit is gonna drive on you that many times." Oh yes, there's more. He continued, "The only way you're gonna give up that many points is turnovers, right? It's hilarious to watch him throw pick-sixes, too, back to back. I loved it."

SportsAge/Icon SMI
It's one thing to have that kind of smack talk come from a former/retired player...it's entirely another matter when the player is still in the league! I know, I know...the rivalry, whatever. Here's the thing, he's just made it a hell of a lot harder on the Redskins' defense next time they meet up, and I guarantee you the Cowboys' offense is looking for him, and revenge for being an ass. Oh, and in case you're wondering, Cooley went off again on Romo about how he could beat him in the cage and referred once again to the 24 points he gave up. Yeesh.

 I know Deion Sanders also chimed in on the Romo-hate-a-thon, but he handled it in a slightly better way. He's right though, Romo does need to be called out, but not the way Cooley did it.

Boys will be boys, I suppose. In the meantime, click here to listen to Cooley sharing his joy in Romo's collapse.

....Til next time.
S.

1 comment:

  1. What do you expect, this is the same guy that thought nothing of tweeting a picture of his playbook for everybody to see. Oh yeah, and his junk was in the picture at the same time. Is he even a relevant player now with Fred Davis around.

    ReplyDelete